Thursday, December 8, 2011

Catching up ......

Ok, this is a much needed update! My last race was the TD5k where I ran a huge road 5k pr of 14:18. It was a fun run with my teammate Jason Lehmkuhle (he ran 14:22) and my first win as a professional! Both the times were unofficial, as the race was not chip timed. It was a great event hosted by Lifetime Fitness whose treadmills I have been abusing now that the weather is getting colder! The weather for the race this year was perfect, especially considering the year before it was apparently around 0 degrees. We used the Turkey I won as an excuse for a small team dinner with lots of good food (thanks to Megan Hogan for cooking like a champ!)

Getting it done!
Training has gone really well under my new coach (Dennis Barker) and I get another test this weekend at the USATF Club XC Championships with my teammate, and training partner, Matt Llano. I am definitely excited for this weekend as we are both going for a spot on the team for Edinburgh. They are taking 3 athletes, and that is what we are going for!

One thing that I have not talked about but wanted to mention was my race in Japan after the 10 mile. I ran the anchor on our "Ivy League" team with a 10.2k leg. I ran the fourth fastest time on my leg running down two guys that had a minute advantage over me at the start! I moved us up from 10th to 8th and snuck us on to the podium for the first time ever! It was an incredible experience, and a bigger recap of the whole thing is here on Brett Larner's blog (who gave us a great running tour of Tokyo).

Stay healthy and run hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment